12.31.09 by Stacy
Resolutions on the Rocks 1: Atlanta
Part 1 of our New Year cocktail series: What mixologist Eric Simpkins is creating at Atlanta’s hippest new hotspot: DRINKSHOP to kick off 2010 in style.
Eric Simpkins, Head Mixologist, DRINKSHOP — W Atlanta Downtown
Holiday Hangover, a cocktail featuring fresh spiced cranberry jam and smells just like Christmas. We’re taking this one into the New Year to help us ease through the rest of winter.
The drink was designed to be enjoyed after family feasting with fresh ginger syrup and bitters to soothe the stomach, Coca-Cola with caffeine and sugar to perk you up from the food coma, and either whiskey or vodka, depending on your tastes, to help you celebrate and put you into that festive mood.
We think it works just as great for fireside aprés ski.
- 1 tablespoon spiced cranberry jam
- 1/2 ounce fresh ginger syrup
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 ounces bourbon or vodka
- 3 to 4 ounces Coca-Cola (hey, Drinkshop is in the ATL)
- Cranberries and orange slices to garnish
- Combine jam, syrup, juice, bitters, and booze in cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain into pint glass over fresh ice.
- Top with Coca-Cola.
- Garnish with cranberries and orange slice.